Monday, December 5, 2011

Lip Stains

Lip stains...one of those things you LOVE but can't ever get for your kit because most of the ones in the market are just impossible to clean and keep sanitized between clients.  That is until I ran into TWO very awesome products.  One of them I had already tried and fell in love with the second my lips touched it, but the second one I semi discovered today (I say semi because the real discovery goes to Erin Chaney).  Face it, spraying some alcohol on it isn't quite cutting it and it just makes the point all weird after some time.  This is why I love:


Laura Mercier Lip Stain - $20
It comes in a POT!!  You can scoop it out, mix it with other lip stains, glosses, lipsticks or whatever your lovely artistic mind comes up with.  It also comes in 7 different colors.

Downside?  None!  They're simply amazing (like anything Laura Mercier) and I highly recommend them.


Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip and Cheek Stain - $19
I know what you're thinking...looks like the same stuff we can't sanitize right?  WRONG!  Thanks to makeup buddy Erin Chaney, she discovered that if you take off the back piece (super easy to do), you can insert a disposable lipstick/gloss applicator to pick up the color and apply it on your client without ever having to use the marker tip.  GENIUS!  Comes in 9 different colors too!

Downside?  You can't mix them like the LM and I feel that the colors might be a bit too bold / loud if you have clients like mine (Film / TV / News Casters / Catalog etc.).  But if you have more Fashion based clients, these are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment