Friday, January 6, 2012

Men's Skincare

As women, we tend to take care of our skin more than men.  I find that most men just don't have the time or feel that taking care of their skin is "girly".  Some men do take the time to cleanse and moisturize and that's as far as it goes.  I'm speaking to all men out there, take the time!  Your skin should be taken care of daily meaning skin should be cleansed and moisturized.  A moisturizer with SPF is key.  You're prone to sun damage and wrinkles just like everyone else.  If you shave (whether it's daily or every other couple of days) you should be applying an aftershave balm.

With so many products out there, I'm sure it's difficult to pick one or even know what's best for you.  I'm not going to sit here and tell you what you should buy for yourself.  I'm only going to point you in the right direction, give you a starting point.  In the end you should use what works best for you!


Note: As I am not a man, I can only point you in the direction of things my husband has tried or my friends husbands use. Take some time and search for products that work for you.  Trust me, your skin and your significant other will thank you.


Here are a couple of products to get you started


1. The Art of Shaving
Truly amazing stuff!  My husband uses the Ingrown Hair Night Cream when he knows he's going to shave in the morning.  He has sensitive skin and suffers from razor bumps anytime he shaves.  Once he started using this cream, no more razor bumps.  The Art of Shaving has tons of goodies for your face.  A lot of the male models I work with swear by their products.

2. Clinique - Skin Supplies for Men
This line has everything from Cleansers to Eye Creams.  I love their women products so if their men products are just as great, then you'll love it too! 

3. Anthony - Logistics for Men
Another line that pretty much carries everything.  My husband swears by this line.  The second it looks like he's running out of one of his products, he runs out and gets a refill.  Their cleanser is great (and smells nice too), along with their moisturizer and body wash.  He recently purchased the eye cream but hasn't tried it yet.  I'll update with any reviews here.

4. Dove - Men + Care
Your body is just as important as your face therefore it needs love too.  My hubby loves this product and uses the Body Wash.  It leaves the skin smooth and smelling fresh but in a manly sort of way.  

5. Nivea - For Men
Nivea products area always great for those who have sensitive skin.  It's found pretty much everywhere and it's pocket friendly.  A friends husband loves and sticks by this product.  It's what works for him and I think that's great!  They have 5 different shave gels and 5 different after shave balms to choose from.

Must Haves
  • Cleanser
  • Moisturizer with SPF
  • Eye Cream
  • Pre-Shave Cream / Oil
  • After Shave Balm
  • Night Cream
  • Exfoliator (do 2 - 3 times a week)
  • Body Scrub
Other companies that carry skin care for men:


No comments:

Post a Comment